I’m excited by my InstaPot purchase. It was pricey at $99 but this kitchen wonder replaced my pressure cooker, my crockpot, and my rice cooker. All three sold on Craigslist for nearly the whole expense. Miss Mioux bought one too and sold her rice cooker and crock pot to a coworker. She was patient enough to wait until it went on sale for closer to $70. I love that I can do all the prep, saute and cooking in one vessel, plus it leaves only one thing to clean. My first test was to make brown rice. I loved that it took half the time on the pressure setting that my rice cooker would take. It does so much! Miss Mioux made a killer broccoli cheese soup once. Maybe one day we will be brave enough to utilize the make your own yogurt settings. For now we are taking this to the next level and cooking chicken. I recommend getting the carrots into the oven and then starting the chicken cooking while the carrots roast. This way the sauce for the chicken should be just about thick enough when the veggies are done roasting and everything will be hot and ready at the same time.
ASIAN ROASTED CARROTS AND BROCCOLI
- 3 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and Sriracha. Set aside.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet (we halved ours so they would roast faster). Drizzle with olive oil, add garlic, and toss with your hands until evenly coated. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until fork tender. While the carrots are roasting, start your chicken.
- Stir in the broccoli and bake another 7-10 minutes. Remove and drizzle with the soy sauce mixture, gently tossing to combine.
- Serve with Spicy Honey Chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds.
INSTAPOT SPICY HONEY CHICKEN
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite sized chunks
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds
- Preheat the InstaPot using the sauté setting. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the diced chicken and add to the InstaPot with oil, onion, and garlic. Stir occasionally until onion starts to soften, about three minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ketchup, and red pepper flakes to the InstaPot and stir to combine. Add the lid and pressure cook on high for three minutes. The InstaPot will stay “ON” until it builds up enough pressure within, then it will count down. When the timer beeps, turn the pressure cooker off and do a quick pressure release.
- Add sesame oil and honey to the pot and stir to combine. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water and add to the InstaPot. Select the sauté option and simmer until sauce thickens, stirring often.
- Serve with Asian Roasted Carrots and Broccoli. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Get your own InstaPot on Amazon.
This Monday Night Dinner inspired by: